New Delhi: The Indian Army is within the process of verifying whether China has started moving back troops from the flashpoints under the agreement reached between the 2 sides during the June 30 corps commanders’ meeting.
The movement of Chinese troops from the flashpoints will show whether China is serious about disengagement and bringing down tensions at the road of Actual Control.
Last week, at the corps commanders’ meeting, each side agreed they might implement the June 6 agreement to maneuver forces back at Galwan Valley, Hot Springs and Gogra Post. In some places, soldiers from each side are close, which could end in a clash. Moving back soldiers 2-3 km will bring down such an opportunity . In later stages, troops are planned to maneuver further back and ultimately out of the depth areas too.
The June 6 disengagement plan got derailed after the June 15 clash during which 20 Indian soldiers were killed, including 16 Bihar commandant Col. Santosh Babu. Col Babu had gone to inform Chinese soldiers to get rid of a tent near Patrolling Point 14 within the Galwan Valley.
Sources said the new disengagement plan may be a step-by step process where each step are going to be verified by India before it takes subsequent . this may be a slow process which could take months, even extending into the winter.
India and China are involved during a bitter standoff at Pangong Tso, Galwan Valley, Hot Springs-Gogra Post, Depsang and Daulat Beg Oldie sectors. The sources said each of those standoff points was discussed intimately at the corps commanders’ meeting.
In all sectors, the Chinese side has tried to vary the LAC by sending its troops in large numbers. it’s reported to possess deployed around 20,000 troops at the LAC in Ladakh sector, with another 12,000 troops kept in reserve, which may reach the LAC in 48 hours. India has also done mirror deployment of troops in Ladakh to counter the Chinese forces.(Fa9news)